Jobs in Maine
Jobs in Maine
Opportunities In A Culture of Collaboration
We are a team that supports each other, collaborates on projects, celebrates success, and works hard. Many staff in leadership positions began their work on the factory floor! Whether your goal is to become an engineer, quality specialist, or executive, there is an upward path.
Beyond its numerous opportunities for growth, Somic offers competitive pay and a comprehensive benefit package including a 401k matching plan, paid time off, paid holidays, full insurance coverage, incentive bonuses, and more!
Join our team in Brewer, Maine as a Plant Manager! Direct and coordinate manufacturing activities for suspension and steering components. Lead a dynamic team, focusing on safety, quality, cost reduction, and continuous improvement. Embrace a positive work culture with a comprehensive benefits package and contribute to long-term company goals
Direct and coordinate all manufacturing and support activities for a facility supplying suspension and steering components to major OEMs and other Tier One and Tier Two customers. In this position, you will provide leadership to a staff of professional department managers focusing on safety, product quality, cost reduction, process management, training, team building, and supply chain management. Performs assigned role in the Environmental Management System (EMS) in accordance with W010902.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned.
- Upholds and participates in formulating/administering company policies, and the development of long-range company goals and objectives.
- Communicate effectively to ensure all team members are properly informed.
- Directs and coordinates departmental activities for which responsibility is delegated.
- Works with managers to establish departmental goals and objectives and reviews subordinate progression and goal attainment.
- Assists Dept. Managers with continuous improvement efforts for the facility.
- Ensures customer product quality specifications and requirements are met.
- Reviews production data and operating reports to resolve operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems.
- Communicates and meets with Sales and Engineering on all new product/programs.
- Manages program launch schedule(s) to ensure both customer and company requirements are met.
- Interacts effectively with customers.
- Represents the plant on divisional and group levels and serves as a member on management committees for special studies.
- Prepares annual departmental budgets and monitors actual expenditures.
- Promotes and engages in the principles of employee involvement, team building, and continuous improvement.
Manage, direct, coordinate, and evaluate 4 to 6 department managers who, in turn, supervise employees in Purchasing, Production Control, Engineering, Facilities, and Manufacturing Departments. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The incumbent must play a leadership role within the plant, possess a strong work ethic, be capable of multi-tasking, and be an innovative self-starter who can work well, at times, under pressure. The position also requires negotiation skills and the ability to drive transition and change. Some travel required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) or 10 years related experience and/or training.
Excellent communication skills and the ability to build teamwork and cooperation among the workforce are required. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common journals, financial reports, and other documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from suppliers, customers, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively prepare and present information/presentations to suppliers, customers, senior management, and all team members.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draft and interpret a variety of spreadsheets. Intermediate to advanced computer knowledge, including knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The employee has authority in the following areas: purchasing up to $5,000.00; shutdown of any equipment for safety and reliability issues; and evacuate plant in emergency situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls and talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet – a percentage of time will be spent on the production floor.
Within the first 60 days of the job, must complete and understand W055020 training.
Third Shift Supervisor
If you enjoy managing a team of staff in a supportive and dynamic environment, you might be the perfect fit for Somic America’s 3rd Shift Supervisor position.
The 3rd Shift Supervisor keeps our evening team moving by providing the motivation, support, and resources they need to do their jobs well. This person needs to enjoy working with people, be great at problem solving and conflict resolution, and have basic technology skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supports & supervises manufacturing and assembly staff
- Schedules staff for their shifts
- Enforces staff regulations for employee safety and production quality
- Directly supports Team Leaders
- Supervision of staff performing the following tasks:
- Measuring and inspecting parts for conformance to specifications.
- Setting up and operating assembly lines or numerical control equipment.
- Feeding or removing material from machines.
- Removing material from boxes and places on conveyor or in fixture.
- Observing and listens to machine operation to detect malfunctions.
- Attaching fixtures according to setup instructions.
- Completing line PMs (planned maintenance) as assigned.
- Confirming that all “mistake proofing” devices are operational.
- Maintaining and providing a safe work area and work in a safe manner.
- Completing hourly checks to ensure parts meet Quality Specifications.
- Submitting suggestions for improvements.
- Must have staff supervision experience
- Must have a solid work ethic and the ability to work in a repetitive, fast-paced environment.
- Must have the willingness to come to work every day and on time.
- Operator experience preferred but not required.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Basic Math skills a must: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures in English.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Excellent opportunities for advancement
- On-the-job training
- Excellent medical and dental benefits – low cost to employees – benefits are effective the first of the month after the month hired – additional tobacco free discount
- STD/LTD Insurance at no cost to employee
- 401(k) contribution with company match
- Life insurance at two times annual salary at no cost to employee
- 10 Paid Holidays per year
- Vacation eligible during your first year
- Clothing allowance including safety shoes and safety glasses
- Opportunity to cross-train on different equipment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand eight (8) or more hours a day; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Very fast-paced, repetitive motion environment
- Specific vision abilities required by this job
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- On-the-job training
- Opportunities for advancement
- Uniform allowance