Sales Account Manager – Chassis
Sales Account Manager – Chassis
Are You Someone Who Loves Sales and Relationship Building?
Somic America is looking for a qualified sales professional to join our team. You’ll report to the General Manager of Sales working within the sales team. The Sales Account Manager is primarily responsible for maintaining and growing relationships with current customers while also identifying and pursuing new business opportunities in the market.
Full Job Description
Somic America, Inc is a forward-thinking company that makes steering components for the top auto makers in the world. Our values are creating quality products, keeping a safe work environment, and supporting our staff. We have a strong culture of hard work and collaboration, and we offer competitive salary and benefits. Somic is truly fueled by its staff, and our Supply Chain team is phenomenal.
We are professional, supportive and innovative.
Our work environment includes:
- Modern office setting
- Work-from-home days
- Growth opportunities
- Wellness programs
The Sales Account Manager- Chassis will report to the General Manager of Sales working within the sales team. The Sales Account Manager is primarily responsible for maintaining and growing relationships with current customers while also identifying and pursuing new business opportunities in the market. Performs assigned role in the Environmental Management System (EMS).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with existing customers and seek out new business within the market
- Actively manage the sales process from initial contact, RFQ/RDDP reception, corporate feasibility review, quotation submission to order placement, follow up and sales forecasting for long term business planning.
- Quote and manage trial or prototype order quotations for product development activities.
- Conduct annual pricing review based on customer KPI’s and expectations leading a cross functional team to report and negotiate surcharge adjustments, manufacturing improvements and VAVE initiative impact to base pricing.
- Develop and execute strategic plans to achieve sales targets and goals.
- Monitor industry trends and provide market intelligence to internal teams.
- Provide product information and training to customers as needed.
- Effectively interact with customers, upper-level management, and other affiliated locations.
- Uphold and participate in formulating and administering company policies and the development of long-range company goals and objectives.
- Communicate effectively to ensure team members are properly informed.
- Promote and engage in the principles of employee involvement, team building and continuous improvement.
- Foster a positive attitude toward company goals and actively coach and support team members while encouraging professional development, growth and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering or related field preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in sales, preferably in the automotive industry, or a combination of education/related experience and/or training
- Proven track record of achieving and exceeding sales targets and goals
- Must play a leadership role within the corporation, possesses a strong work ethic, be capable of multi-tasking, and be an innovative self-starter who can work well, at times under pressure.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite and have the ability to learn new customer-required software or portals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls and talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Periodic travel between Somic America manufacturing locations and customer locations for development and cross functional activities. Occasionally domestic and foreign travel to customers, suppliers, parent company or affiliates as required for meetings, development, and training activities. Employee must maintain passport eligibility to facilitate foreign travel as required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet- a percent of time will be spent on the production floor.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance